While art degrees are often criticized for their lack of job opportunities, there are a number of professional applications for art degrees in fields like marketing, education, and communications, among others. Additionally, earning your bachelors degree in art in an online format will give you schedule flexibility that allows you to maintain your current employment while completing coursework and exams whenever and wherever it is most convenient for you. Consider the following professions which you will be qualified for with an online bachelors degree in art:
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers make strategies to promote businesses and products. They earn an average annual salary of $129,380.
- Multimedia Artists and Animators create animations for film, video games, and advertisements, as well as other forms of media. They make an average annual salary of $70,530.
- Graphic Designers create visual designs by hand or with computers to communicate ideas for all kinds of businesses. They earn an average annual salary of $48,700.
Another good reason to pursue an online bachelors degree in art is that there are a lot of highly renowned schools that offer online art degrees. For a ranking of the online bachelor degree programs in art, check out our list of the Top 10 Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Art. If any of the schools on our ranking interest you, be sure to follow the links to their school website and request more information. While there are a number of reasons why an art student would want to attend a brick-and-mortar school, there are just as many reasons to take your art classes online. If you are unsure about whether or not you should pursue your degree online, check out our article that goes into detail about the Pros and Cons of Online College. Some of the benefits to taking art classes online are:
- Digital art is in high-demand in the age of the internet, which allows your work to reach a global audience.
- You have more schedule flexibility so that you can maintain employment, or work on your artistic pursuits.
- You will not have to pay for room and board, which lowers the total cost of your degree.
If you are worried about the return on investment for your online art degree, remember that there are a number of ways that you can lower the initial tuition costs from your desired school. Some strategies for lowering the cost of your online bachelors degree in art are:
- Enrolling at a public school within your state, as online students who live in-state will still receive heavily discounted tuition.
- Applying for a scholarship from your school or from another institution. Be sure to check out our list of the 50 Best Scholarships for Online College Students.
- Working with a financial advisor from your school to get the best financial aid package that is available for you.
All bachelor degrees require a large investment of time and money, so the best way to make them worthwhile is by taking classes in something that you love to do, because value comes from the amount of effort that you put into your education, no matter the subject. If any of the schools on our list of the Top 10 Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Art might have the best online bachelors degree in art for you, be sure to visit their school website to request more information, and inquire about what kind of financial aid packages they can put together for you.