We also have 20 featured scholarships for military veterans. You may also enjoy our infographic featuring easy scholarships for online students! Our resource guide to finding and applying for scholarships may also be helpful.
Check out our ranking of the top 100 best online colleges to help with your school search.
Best Online Scholarships
1. Undergraduate Distance Learning Degrees Academic Scholarship Amount: $500
This scholarship is awarded once yearly to any student pursuing an undergraduate degree online, regardless of their area of study.
2. Robert L. Schulke Memorial Scholarship Amount: $500
This scholarship is awarded to students who are cancer survivors or have immediate family members who battled with cancer; special consideration is given to those entering a medical or law enforcement degree program.
3. Get Educated Online College Scholarship Program Amount: $1,000
Any student enrolled in an accredited online college is eligible for this scholarship provided that they can write a 500-word essay, as well as provide transcripts and tax information.
4. Wives Behind the Badge Law Enforcement Children’s Scholarship Amount: $1,000
This scholarship is awarded to students who are dependent children of law enforcement officials that have demonstrated excellence in their academics, character, and dedication to service.
5. Chegg Monthly Scholarship Amount: $1,000
This is a monthly scholarship that you can apply for 12 times throughout the year, all you have to do is answer a few questions, and you will be entered for consideration.
6. College JumpStart Scholarship Amount: $1,000
This scholarship is provided to recognize students who are committed to bettering their lives through education, as well as the lives of the people with which they surround themselves.
7. Bright Futures Scholarship for Early Childhood Teachers Amount: $1,000
Though it has a fairly involved application process, this scholarship is a great opportunity for anyone who is enrolled full-time in a degree program that is preparing them for a career in the field of early childhood education.
8. Bohn & Fletcher Scholarship Amount: $1,000
This scholarship is available to any undergraduate student that has demonstrated a dedication to improving their community, increasing equality, and helping others.
9. AAUW’s Re-Entry Scholarship Amount: $1,200
This scholarship is intended to help women over the age of 23 who are returning to school to complete their education.
10 . Berklee Online Music Scholarships Amount: $1,479
This scholarship is for students who are pursuing a certificate at Berklee, and it is sponsored by several celebrities; you must have a GPA of 3.7, as well as have a recommendation from your instructor.
11. Niche’s $2,000 “No Essay” College Scholarship™ Amount: $2,000
All students who register for an account on niche.com are entered and eligible to win this $2,000 scholarship with no other strings attached; this is awarded monthly, and you can enter each time.
12. Western Governors University Smart Choice Scholarship Amount: $2,000
WGU offers students a host of scholarships, but this one, in particular, is for first-time attendees that have been accepted into one of over 60 undergraduate programs the school offers; this is a merit-based competitive scholarship.
13. WGU Leaders in Nonprofit Scholarship Amount: $2,000
This scholarship provided by Western Governors University is awarded to young professionals in the nonprofit sector that are trying to further their careers through continued education.
14. Invest in Yourself Scholarship Amount: $2,000
This scholarship is for students at the Western Governors University College of Business; the school wants to invest in students who have invested in their future.
15. Career Education Scholarship Fund Amount: $2,000
Applicants must be currently enrolled or scheduled for future enrollment at Colorado Technical University to receive this need-based scholarship; you can apply at any time through the school’s financial aid office.
16. Allegra Ford Thomas Scholarship Amount: $2,500
This is a one-time scholarship awarded to a high school senior with a documented learning disability that is attending a vocational or technical school, or two-year community college.
17. Army Women’s Foundation Legacy Scholarship Amount: $2,500
This scholarship is for women who are serving or have served honorably in the US Army, or the daughters of a woman who has served.
18. Christian College Scholarship Amount: $2,500
First-time students enrolling in a Christian college can use this website to look for information about different schools and will be automatically entered to win this scholarship.
19. AFCEA Afghanistan and Iraq War Vet Scholarship Amount: $2,500
This scholarship is for those of you who are active duty or honorably discharged from the military and pursuing a degree in a STEM field; you must have served from 2003 to present in the Enduring Freedom-Afghanistan or Iraqi Freedom Operations.
20. NSHSS Tesoro Youth Leadership Awards Amount: $2,500
Tesoro Industries uses this need-based scholarship to honor and empower young leaders that reside in one of the 19 states where they do business; students must write an essay and provide transcripts to be eligible.
21. Knapp and Roberts Scholarship for ASU Amount: $2,500
This scholarship is awarded to incoming Arizona State University freshmen from local injury lawyers Knapp and Roberts; this is for students that have a sibling with special needs.
22. Rainbow Business & Professional Association Scholarship Amount: $3,000
This scholarship is provided to students who have shown exemplary effort in fostering diversity, ending bullying, and fighting against discrimination of LGBTQ+ students in their schools and communities.
23. James H. Davis Memorial Scholarship Amount: $3,500
This scholarship is awarded to Florida resident striving for a horticultural degree or similar pursuit; it is aimed at those students who have a passion for the field without many financial resources.
24. Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship Amount: $4,000
This is awarded to students in good academic standing who have a financial need and have demonstrated strength and dedication to their future; applicants must have directly battled cancer, or have a family member who has battled cancer (not limited to Mesothelioma).
25. ACS Scholars Program Amount: $5,000
This scholarship is for underrepresented minorities such as African Americans, Hispanics, and Native Americans that are pursuing a degree in a chemistry-related field.
26. PHCC Educational Foundation Scholarship Amount: $5,000
This scholarship is awarded to students pursuing a degree in a field directly related to the plumbing-heating-cooling industry.
27. Nitro College Scholarship Amount: $5,000
Nitro is a website that is dedicated to helping students learn as much as possible about loans and other means of financing their education; they award this scholarship to any US student that applies, and you can also participate in their referral program for additional opportunities.
28. Education Matters Scholarship Amount: $5,000
This scholarship can be awarded to any citizen of the United States that will be enrolled before Fall of 2023; applicants must write an essay about why education is important to them.
29. Prudential Spirit of Community Awards Amount: $5,000
This scholarship is for those of you who dedicated your free time to community service throughout high school, or even in the past 12 months; to qualify, you must be a high school senior that has gone above and beyond as a volunteer in the previous year.
30. eQuality Scholarship Amount: $6,000
This scholarship is awarded to California students that have demonstrated exemplary service to the LGBTQ+ community, students of any orientation and gender are eligible.
31. The JSSA Educational Scholarship Fund Amount: $6,000
This is a need-based scholarship awarded to students who have completed their high school’s community service requirements as well as participated in volunteer service within the Jewish community.
32. The Best Schools Online Learning Scholarship Amount: $6,000
Six different applicants will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship to be used towards tuition or textbooks only; students must take 80% of their courses online as well as complete a short essay.
33. Sacramento Press Club Journalism Scholarships Amount: $8,000
The Sacramento Press Club provides this scholarship once annually to a student who is from, or now resides or studies in the Sacramento region of California; the recipient is selected based on academic achievement, and career promise.
34. OnlineColleges.org Scholarship for Single Parents Amount: $10,000
This scholarship is provided to single parents with full custody of dependent children under the age of 18 and is intended to cover non-tuition expenses such a books and childcare.
35. Catch a Break! Scholarship Amount: $10,000
This scholarship is for gifted and highly motivated residents of Minnesota that have financial disadvantages that may hinder them from reaching their full potential.
36. Pride Foundation Scholarship Amount: $10,000
LGBTQ+ students or allies that reside or plan to study in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon or Washington can complete one application to be considered for over 50 scholarships.
37. Unigo $10K Scholarship Amount: $10,000
This scholarship is awarded yearly to the selected applicant; all you have to do is write a 250 word (or less!) essay and be a legal resident of the United States enrolling before Fall of 2023.
38. Adobe Research Women in Technology Scholarship Amount: $10,000
This scholarship is for female full-time undergraduate students studying in the field of computer science, computer engineering, or another related area of study.
39. Google Lime Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Amount: $10,000
This scholarship is intended to help students with a disability either visible or invisible pursue a degree in the field of computer science; the selected applicant also receives an invitation to the Google Scholars’ Retreat.
40. Raytheon Patriot Scholarship Amount: $10,000
This scholarship will be awarded to a veteran of the US Army or active-duty member that is in good standing with your branch; to be selected, you must demonstrate passion in your field, and be an example of leadership.
41. Cancer for College General Scholarship Amount: $16,000
This scholarship is awarded to current or former cancer patients, on a one-time or recurring basis; these scholarships range from hundreds to thousands of dollars.
42. Greenhouse Scholars Scholarship Amount: $20,000
Those of you preparing to enter your freshman year of college that live in Colorado, Georgia, Illinois or North Carolina can apply for this renewable need-based scholarship.
43. Golden Apple Scholars of Illinois Amount: $23,000
This scholarship is awarded to a vast array of students throughout Illinois that are aspiring teachers, the idea of the scholarship is to promote ethnic diversity among the teaching community.
44. Melissa Anne Centrella Scholarship Amount: Variable
This scholarship is for students in New Jersey who are pursuing a degree in the fields of nursing, medical science, or the medical technology field.
This scholarship is for UMUC students that work a low-wage job either full- or part-time that has well-defined goals, computer or technical experience, and demonstrates the financial need.
46. Leopold Education Project Scholarship Program Amount: Variable
Students who are pursuing a career in a natural resource field and live in a varied selection of counties throughout Illinois can apply for this scholarship once annually.
47. Colorado Garden Show Scholarships Amount: Variable
Colorado Garden Show Inc. awards a number of different scholarships to students attending a college or university that is based in Colorado to study field relative to horticulture and agriculture each year; these scholarships are generally a full ride for one year, with one being a four-year award.
48. Cal Grant A & B Competitive Award Program Amount: Variable
These grants are intended to help students that are attending or planning to attend a Cal Grant qualifying post-secondary school; they can exceed $15,000 for some recipients.
49. Penn State’s World Campus Student Fund Amount: Variable
Penn State has a wide selection of scholarships available to all students; however, this one is purely for distance learners that are already well on their way to completing their undergraduate programs at the school.
50. K-State Global Campus Scholarships Amount: Variable
Kansas State University offers a variety of need- and merit-based scholarships specifically to their distance-learning undergraduates.