Anderson University is a small private Christian university located in Upstate South Carolina. The university was founded as a women’s college in 1911 and is affiliated with the South Carolina Baptist Convention. Originally known as Anderson College, the school changed its name to Anderson University in 2006.
Anderson University is ranked:
#3 in Top 20 Bachelors for Online Criminal Justice Degree Programs
#11 in Top 20 Best Online Colleges in South Carolina
There is also an Anderson University located in Anderson, Indiana. This school profile contains only data and facts about Anderson University in Anderson, South Carolina.
There are 59 major degree programs at Anderson. Plus, students can choose from 46 minors , 38 concentrations, 18 graduate programs, and eight certificates. For students who want to pursue a degree online, the school offers 39 remote options. We’ll list just a few of the choices below.
Anderson University Undergraduate Programs (Partial List)
- Cybersecurity, B.S.
- Communication: Digital Media, B.A.
- English: Writing and Digital Studies, B.A.
- History, B.A.
- Human Development and Family Studies, B.A.
- Political Science, B.A.
- Biochemistry, B.S.
- Biology, B.S.
- Environmental Science, B.S.
- Mathematics and Engineering, B.S.
- Psychology: Clinical, B.S.
- Accounting, B.S.B.
- Computing and Data Analytics, B.S.B.
- Financial Economics, B.S.B.
- Management, B.S.B.
- Marketing, B.S.B.
- Supply Chain Management, B.S.B.
- Business Administration – Post-Traditional, B.B.A.
- Organizational Leadership – Post-Traditional, B.O.L.
- Christian Studies, B.A.
- Early Childhood Education, B.S.
- Elementary Education, B.S.
- Physical Education, B.S.
- Special Education: Multi-categorical, B.S.
- Kinesiology, B.S.
- Nursing (Traditional), B.S.N.
- Human Services – Post-Traditional, B.H.S.
- Health Care Management – Post-Traditional, B.S.
- Art: Art Education (K-12), B.A.
- Art: Photography, B.A.
- Dance, B.A.
- Music, B.A.
- Theatre, B.A.
- Worship Leadership, B.M.
- Interior Design, B.F.A.
- Criminal Justice, B.A.
- Homeland Security and Emergency Services, B.A.
Anderson University Graduate Programs (Partial List)
- Doctor of Ministry in 21st Century Ministry (DMin)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice – Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (DNP)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Master of Arts in Teaching – Elementary Education (2nd through 6th grades)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Criminal Justice
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Education
- Master of Ministry Management
- Master of Organizational Leadership
- Master of Public Service and Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing – Executive Leadership (MSN)
- Nursing – Advanced Practice (DNP)
Anderson College Online Courses
In addition to classes located on the Anderson University campus, the school also offers the convenience and flexibility of online degree programs. Anderson University has been named by Apple as a distinguished school for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence. This dedication is evident, especially in the school’s online programs.
Anderson College currently offers the following majors 100 percent online:
- Business Administration (BBA)
- Business Administration – Marketing (BBA)
- Business Administration – Supply Chain Management (BBA)
- Christian Studies (BCS)
- Criminal Justice (BA)
- Health Sciences – Medical Imaging (BSHS)
- Homeland Security and Emergency Services (BA)
- Human Services – Behavioral Health (BHS)
- Human Services (BHS)
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Organizational Leadership
- Organizational Leadership – Human Resource Administration
- RN to BSN
Anderson University Tuition
Currently, tuition for full time Anderson students is $30,720 for the year. The cost per credit hour is $680.
Explore Anderson, South Carolina
Anderson, also known as the Electric City, is located in the foothills in upstate South Carolina. From Anderson University, it’s only a short drive to hike the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains or to swim, go fishing, boating or sunbathing at Hartwell Lake. There are also many nice golf courses in the local area.
The Anderson County Museum is a 12,000 square foot walk through local, regional and national history. The museum prides itself in providing more than static galleries and adds new features each month. In addition to 25,000 artifacts, Anderson County Museum also hosts many fun and educational events for all ages — even a preschool hour!
Downtown Anderson offers plenty of places to eat, shop, and enjoy. The town has seven parks, including Carolina Wren Park, Heritage Park, and a Dog Park. There are also numerous restaurants, brewpubs, and coffee shops. If shopping is your thing, you’ll find various clothing, home goods, and specialty stores. Be sure to check out the local arts and events scene too!
Notable Anderson University Alumni
The founder of Chick-fil-A, S. Truett Cathy, and his son, Dan Cathy, each received honorary degrees from Anderson University.
Fitness and Recreation at Anderson
The Campus Recreation and Fitness department at Anderson offers students the opportunity to stay fit and healthy through a variety of programs. They oversee a state-of-the art fitness center, the university swimming pool, and the campus gym. Additionally, the school has a new game room, multipurpose theater, and tennis courts.
Anderson University Athletics
The Anderson Trojans have several teams on campus for both men and women, including:
- Track & Field
- Cross Country
- Track & Field
Other School Facts:
Anderson University’s Website: https://www.andersonuniversity.edu/
School Mascot: Troy the Trojan